Thursday 13 September 2018

Welcome

.....to a blog that, I hope, will shine a light on how decisions about new roads are really made. I live not far from the A27 between Lewes and Polegate. Most of it is single carriageway, and it gets a bit bunged up at peak times, as you might expect, and accidents can cause more problems. But, compared with many roads I've travelled, it's not an enormous headache, except for the sort of driver that can't be bothered with indicators, if you know what I mean.

£75m is currently being spent on improvements, but a group of Tory MPs and councillors, working in collusion with Chris Grayling, have nicked £3m of that to spend on studies proving £450m for a new dual carriageway is, desite the conclusions of all previous studies, great value. And they don't want to be disturbed while they're doing it.

You can follow my FoI requests on the website What Do They Know ?

No comments:

Post a Comment